[Rhodes22-list] Sunset

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 17:08:07 EST 2008

Thank you, Slim.

To get WM to ride evenly, I did the following:

There was one 6 gal gas tank on the port side. I was
able to move that one over to starboard (as far
forward as it could go) , and added a second one right
behind that one. (Lengthening the fuel line & running
it to the stbd side was an interesting piece of
engineering...;^) I keep about 3 gals of fuel in each
tank, giving me @ 36 lbs. of ballast. Both tanks have
the super duper spitzer gas tank holder to keep them
in place.

My anchor rode (200' of line w/6' of chain) is in the
cabin, under the companioinway step on the stbd side,
as far back as it will go..

The engine battery is on the stbd side of the
lazarette.

The placement of the weight offsets the weight of the
engine & two other  batteries on the port side..

I also tend to stand off to stbd a bit when
sailing...so that humongus mount of weight really
evens things out!

It's not perfect...a bit of water collects in the
groove by the bulkhead on the port side..sliding the
gas tanks aft a bit may correct this.

elle

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20080129/dbbcd6f8/attachment.jpg