[Rhodes22-list] Naples, Maine - Swing Bridge - Plaintiff's Attorney Available

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Jan 30 17:19:05 EST 2008

Tootle wrote:
> The simple answer is a bridge 65 feet high.

The reason they want to eliminate the swing bridge
is because a new swinger would cost $12 Mil and a
fixed bridge would cost $7 Mil -- if it is only 12'
 off the water.  The swing bridge is only about 50'
long overall.

> Now if you are looking for an attorney to represent you, there is a
> plaintiff's attorney looking for work.  And he is in tune with you
> politically.

I don't think anyone is "in tune" with me politically,
and when it comes to lawyers, I only care that they
are effective in combat.

> Is this a navigable waterway?  Doesn't the Coast Guard require a hearing?
> Check the federal laws.

Think "lakes".  Feds don't care.

> Bring a lawsuit.  Have fun.  Make friends.  At
> least write a letter to that paper asking when the public hearing will be.

Ed, my message stated the location and time of
the hearing, and provided directions.  Gotcha!
You didn't even read it before making a
political issue out of it.  You lost the high
ground.

> Have they considered a tunnel.  Just imagine the Robert Skinner Tunnel.
> Maybe the name in those fancy new neon lights.

What a horrible thought.  Why make a personal
issue of this?  You CAN be a nice guy.  Give
peace a chance...

/Robert