[Rhodes22-list] Michael W.'s Tongue

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Jan 31 01:02:46 EST 2008

Ed,

The extension tube is so rusted that it cannot be used to launch the boat
(it bends under weight.)  The trailer is the original from '81 and 26 years
of salt corrosion have taken their toll.  I doubt that much would survive
the trip to Edenton (or even to Triad in CT.)  I have been in conversation
with Stan & Elton (at the Annapolis show) about bringing a trailer to NY but
none have been available so far.  I will either strengthen the extension
enough to safely launch in the spring or simply separate the trailer from
the truck to get deep enough to launch (I could always winch it back to the
truck.)  Anything to get into the water.  Once the boat is off the trailer,
we can see how much real iron work needs to be done to salvage the trailer,
if it is even worthwhile.

BTW, I saw many of the new goodies that Stan has put on the R22 when I
attended the Annapolis show last fall.  I think that it was the first time
that Stan & I met face to face since he moved to NC.  It would be nice to
visit the plant but the time just isn't available at the moment.

As far as a southern vacation for the wife goes, we will be in the Caribbean
for a couple of weeks before spring break, just to warm up.  While I would
love to have our R22 with us, we will be on a somewhat larger version, able
to navigate the islands and the ocean between them a bit easier.

Some day we'll get down to Edenton or even the Lake Hartwell area.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Tootle" <ekroposki at charter.net> Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:16 PM