[Rhodes22-list] Demo/Repub! Political humor.

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:13:42 EDT 2008

Rummy,

Good for you!  All the commodities are hot right now.  We bid on a project
recently (didn't get it) to clean-up a former junk yard.  The property sold
for $3.1 million with the underlying real estate worth about 10% or so of
that amount - the value was in the weight of the junk!  One of Fan's
undergraduate college friends picked us up at the airport in Kunming in her
brand new Cadillac (they don't build them in China and they're very
expensive there).  She got into mining and mineral trading and has done
very, very well.  I'm not convinced that China can keep the economic pace
going, especially with $140 a barrel oil.  My sister-in-law thinks they can
for another 30 years.  We'll see.  She thinks the China stock market is
still to immature to invest in and puts her money in real estate.  We looked
at some more property while there and are deciding whether to invest some
more.  I don't watch my own portfolio that closely and even less so the last
six months - it's too depressing.

A friend of mine was going to write my name in for President in Alabama and
I was going to do a write-in vote for him in Tennessee.  Then the reality
struck that we would in essence be voting for The Chosen One.  I'll follow
Momma McCain's advice and hold my nose and vote for Little Johnny, then go
home and take a long hot shower.

Brad