[Rhodes22-list] Re ply to Michael C et al...

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Tue Jul 1 08:15:28 EDT 2008

Slim,

Yeah, I gathered that the anchor tray is removable.  I didn't pull it out on
the R22 we test sailed and we didn't anchor as it happened so we didn't get
to play with the "system".  I'm pretty sure Stan had the rode in the
lazarette on the test boat, but after a month those details have gone away.

This sounds like one of those situations where it would be best to try it
Stan's way first and then refine things with experience.  Hopefully we'll
soon have the chance!

What got me started on this in the first place was thinking about the vent
being open to the tray and the tray being open to the cabin.  Seems like a
way to get water into the boat in rough conditions or foul weather.  So I
naturally wondered whether the issue had already been addressed and solved
in the design of the tray.

Mike