[Rhodes22-list] Genoa Furling Problems

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Wed Jul 2 07:44:57 EDT 2008

Lee,
Sharon and I put a new Doyle sail on our CDI furler a couple of weeks
ago.  You definitely want to do it with the mast up.
Connect a messenger line to the jib halyard before letting the old sail
down.  The sail gets pretty hard to raise as it gets near the top.  I
think Stan told me that a little soap on the luff helps.  Our new jib's
foot is lower than the older sail.  The new Doyle sails are a bit larger
than the old.  As far as I've noticed, the UV cover does cover the sail
when furled.
Hope this helps,
Joe