[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha 8 hp motor source?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jul 2 11:27:55 EDT 2008

Mike,
We have a Yamaha 8 high thrust. We've only had it since last October
and unfortunately haven't done much sailing yet this season so we
only have limited experience with it. Our former outboard was a Honda
8 (old style). We never wished for more power with the old motor.
When we looked for a new motor we wanted to shave every pound we
could so we went for the Yamaha with electric start but without the
electric tilt (which didn't have a tiller arm anyway which we thought
we wanted as we don't have the motor to rudder connection.

There was a discussion last October about some of our choices and our
remote controls in October 2007 under the subject heading "repowering
Fretless". We bought the motor from Boat House (a div. of Boater's
World) on Kent Island (MD). We wanted a local dealer in case we
needed to have work done).

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD