[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha 8 hp motor source?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jul 2 16:27:38 EDT 2008

The Yamaha t8 electric start can also be manually started - probably
not easy - from memory, I think you have to take the cowling off.
With our shoulder and back issues, electric start seemed prudent. We
monitor our battery carefully (Link 10). I don't think Tohatsu's can
be easily flushed while on the boat. That was imperative for us
because the boat lives in a saltwater slip most of the year. That's
not a problem on a freshwater lake. I think if we were on freshwater
we might go for the lightest 4-stroke engine that had electric start.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Rock Hall, MD