[Rhodes22-list] cockpit cushions

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 16:11:30 EDT 2008

Ben,
I close the air vent on the gas tank as soon as I turn the motor off and
have the sails flying. :)

Rummy

In a message dated 7/3/2008 4:09:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com writes:

Just out of curiosity, what are you all doing in the  laz while
underway?  I've got plenty of things that I  might pull out while at
anchor, and cleaning supplies, etc.,  but nothing other than life
jackets that I would ever need  underway.  If I need a life jacket in a
huge hurry, the  cockpit cushions are probably going overboard too.
Ben
On Thu Jul 3 14:15 , Mary Lou Troy sent:

A couple of considerations:
One is storage  of thecushions when not in use. We store ours in the
cabin when not on the boat. The shorter side cushions along with
the
larger laz cushion fit well into the  cabin. Not sure if the longer
side cushions would fit  as well. Just something to consider.
Our covers are  made of the open weave Phifertex(sp?). It doesn't
stain, dries quickly and doesn't slide around as easily as
sunbrella
or similar materials. Ours are  more than 10 years old. The vinyl
piping on the edges  is looking a little ratty but the cushions and
the  Phifertex covers look great.
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD
At 02:36 PM 7/3/2008, you wrote:
>At  02:08 PM 7/3/2008 -0400, [1]R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
> >The problem I see with the side cushions going all the way  to
the rear is
> >that it  limits accessibility to the lazzerette. You know me, I
like to keep
> >things simple. Anything that  inhibits movement or accessibility
is a real
> >problem. I get enough bumps and bruises just mixing  drinks while
> I'm sailing.
>
>Since my cushions are going to need  replacement soon, I've been
>considering both styles  as well. For my own needs, I'm inclined
>toward the  side cushions that go all the way to the stern and no
>cushion on the laz. Nobody sits on the laz while underway and it
>would be most accessible if not covered at all. If I  need
additional
>seating  while moored, I'll just pull out a couple of throwable
PFDs to sit on.

>I  currently have the other style, with the wide laz cushion.
That's