[Rhodes22-list] Then and Now

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 00:50:12 EDT 2008

Perhaps there's a certain segment of society who feels good about themselves
because they are so much better off than other segments, and others who say
to themselves, "there but for the Grace of God go I".  I can't link you to
the whole story because I don't have a subscription to the newspaper.  We
spent the 4th of July at my first wife's house (took Cora to the water park
in Little Rock) and she (msbrad#!1) saved this article for me.  Bunnie's
(her real name) brother was a co-worker of mine in the late 70's.  The night
she was crowned Miss Arkansas her brother was near death in a burn hospital
from a crop duster accident. I got to spend some time with her in the first
few years after her "crown" and she was a sweetheart. Bunnie was an
absolutely beautiful woman in every way when I first met her and she still
is. This is the abbreviated story in photos-

http://www2.arkansasonline.com/photos/galleries/Bunnie/

I'm a sucker for stories like this!  If you want to help, I'll send you the
address of the folks who helped Bunnie. Somehow, I think Bunnie will make it
on her own, despite the hurdles.

Brad