[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha 8 hp motor source? - related Tohatsu question

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 01:55:38 EDT 2008

Bob,

All ICE engines start the same (internal combustion engines = ICE).  It
takes 1 part of fuel combined with 15 parts of air, add a little bit of
sparkey and vavhooom!  The easy way to remember it is
SUCK/SQUEEZE/BANG/BLOW.  Four cycles, get it?  Don't even think about
complaining about my non-PC explanation - I got written-up on it a few
months ago by a student and my evidence against him was that he was a
dumbass versus his "proof" that I was non PC instructor.

Where were we?  Oh yeah, she won't start.  Take off the air filter and spray
her full of starting fluid (ether).  Don't breathe the stuff or you'll
forget all about what you started or why you care.  When you get to 1:15,
she'll fire no matter what.  If she doesn't run after that, you lack fuel or
sparky(maybe air but the least statistical choice).

I've gone through periods of life without fuel or spark.  Don't panic.  It
all comes back with the right amount of $$$$.

Braqd