[Rhodes22-list] Congratulations John Lock!

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Jul 9 19:32:56 EDT 2008

At 04:02 PM 7/9/2008 -0700, Tootle wrote:
>Congratulations on putting that little emblem in front of the URL for web
>pages.
>
>See:  http://www.rhodes22.org/  Then look in front of the http and you will
>see the emblem.  Tell us more John.  What is it?  How do you make it big
>enought to see.

That's an artifact introduced by Microsoft called a "Favorites Icon"
or "favicon" for short.  All I did was put up a generic one so the
web server would quit reporting "not found" errors from all the MSIE
users hitting the website.

It cannot be enlarged.  Its use is primarily for when you save things
in your favorites or bookmarks to add a little graphic touch.  Most
of the time it will be a company logo or some graphic tied to the
identity of the website.  We may come up with something more specific
like an "R22" icon later on.

If you surf with FireFox or Safari or other non-MS browser, you
probably won't see anything.  It's a blank graphic.  However, MSIE
seems to like to brand itself ;-)

Cheers!

John Lock