[Rhodes22-list] Ain't It Good To Be Alive And In Tennessee!

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:50:16 EDT 2008

It's official!

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/jul/15/tfp-volkswagen-special-edition/

VW is building their new US plant in Chattanooga.  I haven't bought a new VW
in almost 13 years but as soon as they roll out the first Tennessee built
diesel I will.  The next time some political A-whole mouths off in Detroit
about jobs going overseas, remind them those jobs have been moving out of
the Peoples Republic of Michigan for The South for about the last 30 years.
Toyota just announced that their new plant under construction in Mississippi
will switch to building the hybrid Prius.  So, we got Nissan in TN and MS,
Hyundai in AL, BMW in SC, Mercedes in AL, Toyota in KY and TX - who'd we
miss?  The weather is much nicer here.  Quit whining in Detroit or move
south!  On second thought, stay right where you are, thank you very much.

Brad