[Rhodes22-list] progress/bad advice

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 08:39:15 EDT 2008

Art,
Not good advice. A replacement car is readily available from GB. I wouldn't
use anything but an original replacement and certainly not a machine screw.
Being able to drop the boom is one of the easiest ways to adjust the rigging
for  big winds. However, some of our Rhodies obviously have enough mass that
they  don't have a need to lower the center of effort on their boat. :)

Rummy

In a message dated 7/16/2008 7:44:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,