[Rhodes22-list] Fellow list members as straw man targets

Dana realnamen at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 11:37:16 EDT 2008

Brad, Ed,

I joined this forum because I had a question regarding anchor lights and steaming lights.  After one or two posts, Ed compared me to Obama by calling me an elitest for preferring to spend time with my children rather than dropping my mast to replace a bulb.  I ignored it and went away for a while.  The other day, I had something to add regarding a source for light bulbs.  Within a few posts, I was labeled as having an a-hole hero in Obama..

I'm a registered Rebublican, yet you somehow determined (from my sailboat related light bulb posts) that Obama is my a-hole hero.  I asked you to stop, and you resorted to a personal attack saying that I have thin skin.

You apparently feel such a strong need to attack people and their views, that you are willing to project your own preconceived (and unfounded) typecasts on others so that you have a target.  Your credibility takes a huge hit as a result.

I know it is a lot to ask, but a little introspection may be in order.

-Dana