[Rhodes22-list] Traveling Edenton to Ohio

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Jul 21 14:03:02 EDT 2008

Mike:

I have been on the roads that you took, I think.  The connection from
Virginia thru West Virginia to Breezewood PA is interesting.  Did you go
thru the main street of that town on 522 just before the PA line?

For future reference, if you go down US 17 from Edenton to Williamston and
you are generally heading west rather than south, you pick up US 64 at
Williamston.  That road does not show up as interstate but it is interstate
quality all the way to Raleigh.  There you pick up I-40 to Greensboro and
I-73 to I-77.  I have not been on I-77 north of Beckley, WVa.  While this
way appears a little longer, the road quality is good.  Ask Caesar.

Only your Pilot may not have made the climb on I-77 up to Fancy Gap.  It is
a 10 mile hill to the top of Fancy Gap.  Now Caesar is probably used to such
grades out west, but that grade is unique on the east coast.

You can bring your boat down that way when you come down to sail on Lake
Hartwell.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA