[Rhodes22-list] List name change.

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jul 22 16:25:33 EDT 2008

Elle,

I find it very interesting that most who have said they are leaving the list
do not.  They simply become lurkers, switch to list digest mode or simply
set their option for list delivery to "disabled" (this effectively takes
them off the list.)  The List Subscribers (at least the "non private" ones)
may be viewed at: http://www.rhodes22.org/mailman/roster/rhodes22-list

Of note, yesterday's complainer is "still on the list."

I wonder if we can try to solve the problem a bit differently than chasing
otherwise good folks off the list.  Maybe John can set up a third
distribution mode in addition to "Non-digested" and "Digested", something
called "Sailing limited" which would only receive items of sailing interest.
Maybe we could use a prefixed subject line modifier such as "Sailing:" to
direct these posts to the limited list as well as the general list.
Forgetting to add the subject line modifier will only affect those who do
not wish to be on "da list", not the rest of us.  John, is such a thing
doable?

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY