[Rhodes22-list] List name change.

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jul 22 17:18:38 EDT 2008

John,

Actually, the mechanism may be far simpler.  What is the cost (server
resources, etc.) to set up a second list called the
Rhodes22-Sail at rhodes22.org and add the current list subscribers to the new
list.  When folks elect to join the R22 list, they will decide which one (or
both) they wish to join.  If anyone on the sail list posts a question, we
(those on both lists) will receive the original post and post our reply to
the sail list by hitting reply.  Anytime we wish to shoot the bull we will
simply post to Rhodes22-List at rhodes22.org as we always have.  No
programming.  If folks do not wish to be on the sail list, they can opt out
and still enjoy the sailors' bar atmosphere.  Those who wish to only talk
sailing can join the sail list and not have to put up with our political
(and other) discussions.  The beauty is that we will still have the lively
discussions on "da list", keeping us around and avoiding the "is this thing
working?" posts common on the sailing only lists.

Is this a workable idea??

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY