[Rhodes22-list] R22 Delivery Options

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 21:42:49 EDT 2008

OK, Cowie, I'll jump in..

Option 1...Are you referring to Herrington North (Tracy's Landing) or south? North has quite a bit of room on their grounds for trailer storage, at least they did before the storms...
Some garage-type rental  storage places also allow trailers...but they're probably pricey...

Will you ned a trailer? Are you planning to trailer to other cruising grounds? Or do ou just want it for haul-out purposes?

Option 2..Not that expensive....several hundred $$ but you get Elton & expertise...a huge value for the $$...you will learn and learn just by watching him set the boat up....well worth the $$$

Option 3//doable if you come up the ICW ...but a long trip in a small boat....but doable... we're in hurricane season...but there are lots of places you can duck  into w/the R-22 ...even the long stretch from PT. Lookout to Solomons & from Solomons to Herring Bay (as well as up the Bay itself.) Get a good chart...and a GPS.

option 4...probably not much of a cost savings at all over having Elton take it a bit farther...4 hrs farther to drive...probably a week or more sailing.....

Keep us posted!

elle