[Rhodes22-list] Information gathering

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:24:03 EDT 2008

"A more perfect Union"

The search of perfection will always result in frustration.  A former client
of mine gave me a plastic bound copy of "Chairman Malcom's Little Green
Book", published a few years later than my wife's first grade reader was
published (Little Red Book from Chairman Mao for those of you who suffer
from ADHD like me).  One of points from Forbes "little book" that I repeat
to myself every day is this:  "look in the mirror, if you find perfection
there, seek it in others."

How's this for a concept?  Sailing has it's dangers.  You can fall of the
boat, the weather can kick your ass, the boom can hit you in the head, etc.,
etc., etc. An e-mail list on same said boat can excite you, piss you off,
challenge you, and inform you all at the same time.

Forgive me for being the designated 'a-hole' on the list, but life isn't
always fair - the winds don't always blow at the optimum speed for your sail
plan, the water isn't always a gazillion feet deep, and mechanical thingies
don't always perform as designed.

If you buy a sailboat thinking it will be Nirvana, you'll be sorely
disappointed.  If you're looking for the Nirvana of sailboats, Stan did a
damn good job!

Your mileage may vary!

Brad