[Rhodes22-list] Colorado Sea Scouts dba Esther Ann Horwitz, 2nd Mate - Reply with other information

estherann77 at aol.com estherann77 at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 17:52:25 EDT 2008

Thanks Mike,

The pictures do help!

Esther Ann Horwitz
2nd Mate Sea Scout Ship Discovery
Fax: 719-522-0209
Cell: 719-502-6074

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael D. Weisner <mweisner at ebsmed.com>
To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Sent: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 3:45 pm
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Colorado Sea Scouts dba Esther Ann Horwitz, 2nd Mate - Reply with other information

Ester Ann,

I have an old '81 that may be rigged in similar fashion to yours.  In those
days, there was no "traveler," per se.  See the attached shots of our R22.
If you need more, just ask.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: <estherann77 at aol.com>Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:31 PM
> Ed,
>
> Thanks for your help.? Just want all of you to not worry, I am well over
> 21 (wish I wasn't).? I am one of the adult leaders for the Ship.? I still
> haven't seen anything yet that makes sense to me on how the traveler that
> comes of the boom attaches to the boat.? There are two shrouds(?) coming
> off the aft part of the boom but if attached to the stern?they interfere
> with steering,?there doesn't seem to be anyplace to? attach them to that
> makes sense.??
>
> Thanks again to all who have responded.? I do feel we will be able to
> figure all this out with your help!
>

> Esther Ann Horwitz
> 2nd Mate Sea Scout Ship Discovery
> Fax: 719-522-0209
> Cell: 719-502-6074

p in mind that we are not General Boats, but rather a group that either
> has, has had, wants to have a Rhodes 22.  If you are not over 21 tell us
> so
> we can watch our language (Get that folks?)
>
> Keep asking questions, keeping in mind that it may take time (days, weeks)
> for a good answer.
>
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA
>

> sailingbear wrote:
>>
>> Ed,
>>
>> I had trouble using the list that went through nabble so I joined this
>> one
>> instead.? I don't know who the woman south of Denver is.? Can you get me
>> her information?
>>
>> Thanks for the response
>>

>> Esther Ann Horwitz
>> 2nd Mate, Sea Scout Ship Discovery