[Rhodes22-list] Information gathering and the charter for Rummy (correction)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:22:17 EDT 2008

John,

You don't need three hands and you don't need to speak in code.  This is a
pretty literate list and I'm betting 80% knows who Horatio Hornblower is and
probably knows who wrote the story.  I've lived a full life, traveled more
than I ever wanted, and have been first witness to more failure than I'd
wish on anyone.  That said, there have been one or two successes along the
way.  The Grateful Dead said it best, "what a long strange trip it's been".
I've dropped off the list a couple of times because (1) I no longer own a
Rhodes 22, and (2) I felt I was hurting Stan and Rose's efforts to build and
sell a wonderful boat.  Twice I've been invited back because, "the list was
dead".  When the people who keep inviting me back contact me back-channel
and tell me to "cool it", I will respect their wishes.

Whatever beating you or anyone else attempts on me in cyberspace will be
defended, or ignored, and life will go on.

We Haslett's have a family tradition, learned from my father, that we're too
busy messing up own lives to worry about whatever someone else is saying
about us.

Brad