[Rhodes22-list] Old cameras

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Jul 23 23:52:23 EDT 2008

Ed,

My wife has an old Graflex with the 4x5 back.  Worked in the 70's.  Don't
know if it still functions at this point.  Great to focus with the ground
glass screen.  Real large format camera.

In the 70's and 80's, my workhorse portrait camera was a KoniOmega M, 120
film, 2-1/4" x 3" negatives.  10 shots to a roll.  30 rolls to an affair.
Standard of the wedding & bar mitzvah shooters, unless you could afford a
'blad.  Still have it but haven't used it in decades.  Digital is so much
easier, cheaper and the cameras are finally good enough to use.

2-1/4 square format, yeah we did that ...

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY
From: "Tootle" <ekroposki at charter.net>Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:46 PM