[Rhodes22-list] Re stored Skipjacks by Elle made me think of Captain Rummy

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jul 24 10:51:33 EDT 2008

For those who are curious about skipjacks here is a great video
featuring Capt Wade Murphy of the Rebbeca T. Ruark who sails out of
Tilghman Island (listmember Rory Orkin's home port). It's sort of a
commercial for his educational charter business but nicely done and
you can hear that great Eastern Shore accent:
http://everydayexplorers.nationalgeographic.com/individual-video.php?mediaid=254508

And here's the even better story of her sinking and rescue in 1999
(she was restored):
http://www.bayweekly.com/year99/issue7_47/lead7_47.html

and her own website:
http://www.skipjack.org/