[Rhodes22-list] Deliverance, Christening, Change-of-Command, Politics (Ju...

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 17:07:25 EDT 2008

What? No kegerator?

Rummy

In a message dated 7/24/2008 5:04:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bcittadino at dcs-law.com writes:

Friends,  Rhodies, and Countrymen;

Elton called.  He will deliver my brand  spanking new R22  ('93 Recycled
'08) THIS VERY SATURDAY.  It will  be Christened (with Name and Numbers
by our very own RIK) that morning so  Elton and I should have a full day
to figure out how to tie the thing to  the dock ( slip is a "back her in"
with spring lines going to two poles out  in the water; I'll probably
kill myself just trying to get aboard). Her  home will be Sandy Hook Bay
Marina, NJ. She'll be the s/v Susan Kay (named  for my 1st Mate, actually
my 2nd mate, or my 2nd 1st mate, you get the  idea), navy blue, with
bimini, swivel seats, dual solar and hatches,  modified full UPP, 42"
flat screen TV, 409 cu inch main propulsion, angled  flight deck, steel
belted radial tires, and rated for 31 knots.  I'll  give a report of my
orientation.  It should only take Elton a month or  two to get me
comfortable enough to take her out. Those freighters,  tankers, and
cruise liners entering NY Harbor will be so jealous. Can you  tell I'm
excited?

By the way, I'm planning to vote for Sen. Obama  and I don't care who
knows it.