[Rhodes22-list] (Former ) Rhodie in lofty places

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 22:13:24 EDT 2008

The president of a major university in VA keeps his boat at the marina where I work. Nice guy, Unpretentious.

Yesterday, a new Rhodie from across the river sailed over to show me his NEW R-22...it was last year's show boat, so it was totally tricked out...Gorgeous.

We three stood in conversation near the dock, discussing this & that...and the new Rhodie pointed his boat...at which point, the University Pres said that it resembled a boat he'd once owned years ago.  Turns out that he'd bought a  Continental from Stan (he thought it was a '79) when he was in NY...he described how Stan had his shop set up so that he could build TWO at a time...;^)

He remembered Stan well, was pleased to hear that he is still going strong.  He remembered fondly his sailing days in the Continental and how enjoyable the Continental was to sail.

Never know when a Rhodie will turn up..;^)

elle

Turns out that he bought a