[Rhodes22-list] Kinzua Reservoir question for John Shulick

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Thu Jul 31 11:42:25 EDT 2008

John,

We may be taking Muireann out to Kinzua in a few weeks.  Friends of ours are
camping at Dewdrop Campground and we might take the boat out to meet them.
Dewdrop is south of the Rt 59 bridge.  We can probably launch south of the
bridge at either Dewdrop or Elijah, but I'm betting the ramp at Wolf Run is
better.  Can an R22 sail under the Rt 59 bridge?  If not, can an R22 motor
under with the mast stepped, but laid back on the trailering mast support?
And, I guess finally, if not that, can an R22 make it under with the mast
secured for trailering?

Have you ever had Delilah south of the bridge?  There's less water there,
but it still looks like plenty to sail in for a day or so.

Thanks!

Mike Cheung s/v Muireann '93/'04/'08 R22