[Rhodes22-list] Horsepower ?? Engine size ??

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Thu Jul 31 17:41:40 EDT 2008

JB,
  I have a '04 Nisson,which was built by Tohatsu,which also builds the
Mercury. Right out of the box,the motor seemed like it was working to
hard.It only seemed to get up to about half throttle ,the more you tryed
to go past half throttle,the more gas you used and got no more speed. I
bought a prop for a 4 hp Nisson (less pitch),and now the motor revs up
to full speed,and the docking speeds are lower and easier to handle. I
think the 4hp and the 5&6hp are the same basic motor with different
carbs.The prop was built for a planing hull,with the  Rhodes
displacement hull,the prop is working the motor too hard,and won't let
the motor rev up to where the extra horses live.I like the 4hp prop much
better.

Jerry Lowe