[Rhodes22-list] Bill Effros must have bought stock in hip boot making company...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 08:18:53 EDT 2008

Ed,

We disagree. Bill posted the speeches for my benefit (and anyone else who
chooses to read them). If I'm listening to a sermon and the preacher with a
passion shouts, "God Damn America!", I won't waste anymore of my time and
will quietly leave the church.  I've read 'Das Capitals' not because I think
its interesting reading or a useful blueprint for governance, but for
enlightenment on what all the fuss is about. Bill didn't present the
material as a gospel, just interesting reading.  I'll read it and digest
it.  Bill Clinton, "the former first black president", was able to relate to
blacks in a way no other whitey could - that's worthy of study.  Farrakan
sounds a lot like Malcolm X to me.  Malcolm had a message of
self-responsibility that has somehow gotten lost in all the static about
race.  Barry (that was his self-chosen 'white' name) Obama is a user of the
race issue at the lowest level.  Re-reading his speech is worthwhile just as
a reminder of why I loathe the man so much.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Bill was my friend long before this joint venture.

Brad