[Rhodes22-list] More on same

Rory Orkin roryorkin at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 1 17:54:21 EDT 2008

My new high trust, electric start, 25” long model with tiller handle control
(model T9.9GEXH) cost $2427 and will arrive in about a week. I also ordered
the remote control kit ($69) so that I can remove the tiller handle and
control throttle/shift via the system already in the boat. I elected to go
this route vice buying the remote (R model) version of the motor because I
did not want power tilt/trim. The motor also comes with a fresh water wash
out installed and a 6 year warranty. I’ll follow up with a post after I get
it installed.

This posted on Trailer Sailor 3 months ago.. I have written to him to
explore.. For the life of me I can't understand why if the tiller can be
removed for a remote installation than why cant it be remounted on the
Rhodes tiller with the remote extension kit ??. He seems to have gotten the
remote he had already on the boat to work.  see ->
http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/nimble/index.cgi/noframes/read/2652