[Rhodes22-list] Aluminum Mast Finish

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Jun 1 20:20:06 EDT 2008

You would need to verify this from General boats, however, I suggest that
Rhodes masts supplied by Dwyer have a clear corrosion coating.  I determined
that my mast has such a coating when I tried to clean black marks off.
Therefore, in taking any Dwyer mast down to metal will ruin such coating if
it is on all masts as I suspect.

So anybody else with this idea needs to evaluate before doing so.  I left my
mast original finish including not nice black marks.  The coating is there
for a reason.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA