[Rhodes22-list] Aluminum Mast Finish

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Jun 2 10:39:16 EDT 2008

Art asked, "Have you ever heard of an OE painted mast?"  Yes, but I do not
know brand/manufacturer.  Did Dwyer ever do it?  Only Dwyer knows.  And for
what it is worth, as far as I know, only Dwyer has made the IMF.  Stan own's
the special tools required to make the Rhodes 22 mast, but they are kept at
Dwyer.

I have seen white ,black and wood.  And I know some people have painted
mast.  Has Stan ever painted one mast?  I would not waste his time asking if
24 years ago he painted one mast.

Would I paint an aluminum silver mast? No, for reasons stated in my earlier
post.  If a mast finish is defective or damaged from previous owner, would I
paint it?  I would certainly consider doing so, but it would have be done
correctly.  Not an easy assignment.  It would require a 30 foot long paint
room.  Painting outdoors might result in a dust or moisture damanged finish.
I would not consider nor recommend painting outdoors.  Even indoors and not
is an isolate room has issues.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Why has America survived?  Because people have put on a uniform and fought.
America has come a long way because of those who sacraficed.  Freedom is not
free.