[Rhodes22-list] Re ply about jam cleat, furling line, etc.

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Jun 2 15:33:07 EDT 2008

Ed & John,

What is interesting is that my 1981 R22 has a "Lance Cleat" to control the
furling line on the genoa, not a cam cleat.  The lance cleat never breaks
loose, even when the line is grabbed during rough seas.  It takes a definite
pull backwards to release a lance cleat and it does not chafe the line (for
picture, see http://tinyurl.com/6ptxua )

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY