[Rhodes22-list] Please help

D Christensen DChristensen at mcc-gill.com
Tue Jun 3 07:37:20 EDT 2008

Hello Simon,
It sounds like you and I are on similar paths. I have been reading about the
Rhodes 22 also.
My wife and I raced our Hobie 16 catamaran with division 12 in the Hobie
fleet for 11 years and now have a 17' Boston Whaler. I think I will sell the
catamaran because she no longer has the desire to get suited up for that
type of sailing. We have however tried monhulls and now crew for a guy at
the Hyannis Yacht Club and sail on a Sabre 38. I found I just plain enjoy
sailing, does not necessarily have to be a catamaran. This lead me to look
into pocket cruisers that I can trailer to either the lake or the ocean. Of
all I have read the Rhodes seems like a good fit, but I also would like to
go sailing on one before I buy. I contacted General Boats and am thinking
about going to the Annapolis boat show and arrange for a demo sail at the
show. Then if I like it look into buying one from General Boats either
Refurbished or perhaps what they call a project boat, or perhaps even used
from a private party.
Please let me know if you have any results as far as finding someone local
to sail with for a try out. I would love to either go along with you or
arrange a tryout sail. If we can find enough locally perhaps we can do some
racing!

Dan Christensen
work 1-781-740-5800
home 1-508-393-9595