[Rhodes22-list] New Car from China

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:15:30 EDT 2008

Ed,

There's a lot of stuff like this car that can be built with off-the-shelf
technology.  The question is: will anyone in the US buy them?  They make
sense for urban areas.  My father-in-law has an electric bicycle with a
canvas rear seat enclosure.  It looks like an Amish buggy without the horse
- perfect for him and my daughter loves riding in the back.  Cars are
getting bigger here and people are trading up from bicycles to scooters
(both electric and gas).  We drove out to the 6th ring road area yesterday
in rush hour and a bicycle would have been quicker.  Here is the same as the
States, status if important.  We're buying Fan a new Honda CRV when she gets
home - her 10 year old Honda Accord is going to my youngest son at a good
price with a military discount.  I'm waiting for the new line of VW diesels
(and some others) to arrive.  My 14 year old Lexus "beater" has a few years
left in her.

Brad