[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Brad -- You Don't Want to Miss This!

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Jun 5 08:35:55 EDT 2008

Slim,

Because the nomination will fall to Hillary over the next 3 months.

It's cynical, but it will work.  Instead of being able to attack Hillary
for the next 5 months, the Republicans will have to concentrate on
Obama.  The later the press notices the emperor has no clothes on, the
better for Hillary.

The Left Wing of the Democratic party will then have to unite behind her
instead of backing Bloomberg, or some other candidate who would allow
the Republicans to walk away with the Presidency.  (She backed them,
they better back her--there won't be enough time to back Bloomberg.)

The Federal Prosecutor is a Republican.  He's not going to give Obama a
pass.  Remember, he's the guy who was putting reporters in jail for not
revealing their sources.  He already knew what they knew, he just needed
to know how they knew.

Same thing here.  All of the stories I've seen about Rezko state that
this conviction has nothing to do with Obama.  Fitzpatrick is going to
start asking reporters who told them that.  Why is that information so
prominent in their reporting about this conviction?  If the Obama
campaign told them he was not involved, they are part of the
conspiracy.  If media advertising executives told the reporters to
include that information, the press is part of the conspiracy--and can
be charged!

Let's be clear about the Rezko conviction.  Rezko was convicted of
extorting money and bribing politicians.  In the same way that Elliot
Spitzer was "Client 9", Barack Obama is "a political candidate".  In
this case, he is charged specifically with accepting $20,000, $10,000
from each of 2 different donors, that the donors testified was extorted
from them for use in his Senate campaign.  In addition, $1,500,000 was
demanded for his Presidential campaign from another witness who
testified under a grant of immunity.

Rezko offered no defense--he did not say he didn't extort money for
Barack Obama's Senate and Presidential campaigns.  This prosecutor
charges people with perjury if they get on the stand and lie in order to
defend the conspiracy.

Barack Obama has never said (to my knowledge) that he was not bribed, or
that his campaign did not accept money that had been extorted.

When I was looking for quotes about the Iraq war, it was almost
impossible to find anyone who actually stated that Iraq posed an
"Imminent Threat"?  It was always "Gathering"  or "Grave"  or "Grave and
Growing".  But they (almost) never said "Imminent" -- the legal
threshold for starting a war.

Well, you're going to find the same thing here.  Obama never responded
to direct questions about his involvement in the Rezko political
conspiracy.  In fact, he never responded to any verbal question on this
issue--he only responded to written questions, and then didn't answer
the questions directly referencing this conspiracy.

Look for the quotes.  They're not there.  It's just newspaper "Experts"
telling us, without being asked, that Obama had nothing to do with this,
and was never charged or mentioned in the trial.

We are in for a wild ride.  The Super Delegates (and everyone else) will
figure it out long before the election, which isn't for another 5
months, and the Democratic Convention which doesn't take place until
almost Labor Day.

Bill

PS -- Buy "Mission Impossible" a quote book for which I provided 1/3 of
the quotes--Cerf & Navasky.