[Rhodes22-list] would appreciate a volunteer good at "Paint"

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Jun 6 11:56:09 EDT 2008

Mike,

Since you now have experience riding out a T-storm aboard an R22, you may be
interested in a discussion on this forum several years ago regarding
lighting preparedness:

http://www.nabble.com/FW%3A-Lightning-Protection-Web-Conference-to12468629.html#a12468629

http://www.nabble.com/Ewan-Thomson-Reply-%22Lightning%22-Fw%3A-Re%3A-Fw%3A-Re%3A-sailing-and-lightning-%28long-reply%29-to5568624.html#a5568624

In August 2006 Stan's plant was hit, although not a single boat was struck,
even those with masts (of course, they were on trailers.)  See
http://www.nabble.com/speaking-of-lightning%2C-to5675869.html#a5675869

Now, the big question, "Should you attempt to ground your mast or not?"  I
know, I know, first you need to buy the boat ... I thought that decision was
the easy one ...

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY