[Rhodes22-list] Around the World Solo

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 04:34:09 EDT 2008

On a somewhat similar note, a couple of boys right out of high school here
have embarked on a 70-90 day voyage paddling a canoe from Chaska, MN
(Minneapolis suburb) to the Hudson Bay.  They're retracing the same trip
made by Eric Severeid back in the 30's.  Severeid wrote a book about the
adventure called "Paddling With the Cree" which has been a favorite among
Minnesota canoeists for decades.

The boys accelerated their graduation so they could get a jump on their
trip.  They're about 40 days into it now.  They paddled southwest on the
Minnesota river around to the Red River, up into Canada and have crossed
Lake Winnipeg.  They paddle about 40 miles a day.  Now comes a long push
through rapids and portages as they descend in altitude to the Hudson Bay.
There has been quite an outpouring of well-wishers and support.  Good luck,
guys!

Their site:  http://www.colton-seanhudsonbay.com/index.html