[Rhodes22-list] Mosquito Netting

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Jun 9 09:48:57 EDT 2008

Hi Leland,

    Jean and I just returned from a overnight cruse on our boat and my
solution was a 10 X 10 screen
house from K-mart. We draped it over the boom then took the fiberglas poles
normally used to form the roof and put them in the corners of the cockpit
seats with the hoop running the length of the boat.
Use rags on the ends of the poles to prevent scratches. Align the tent so
the zippered doors run fore and aft. Tuck the netting under the cockpit
cushions. the aft doors can be overlapped and the door around the cockpit
entrance was duct taped. (will install velcro instead of zipper later) Note:
you can
use some of the ties that are on the tent other spots will require some
improvising. For example, you can take the pole for the tent sides which
come in 3 sections attach 2 and lean the shortened side in the upper corners
to prop the corners by the hatch. Also wire tie where the hoop crosses the
aft railing
go through the netting to do this try not to make large holes duct tape if
have to. We set this up in about half and hour and it was wonderful. In the
morning we took it down in 15 min. and were ready
to haul anchor. We have Dubbed this contraption the "No Fly Zone" When I
have the opportunity to
spend more than 24 hrs. on the boat I will try to get Picts out.

                                                                 John
Shulick
                                                                 Pgh. Pa.