[Rhodes22-list] pop-top enclosure snap locations

chetc cclocksin at buckeye-express.com
Mon Jun 9 14:17:25 EDT 2008

I am trying to fit up a used Pop-Top enclosure from Stan the Man, and our
boat doesn't have the "studs" for the enclosure. Stan says it is easiest to
put the studs on the cabin top first, and then put snaps in the enclosure in
the matching location. Reason for this method is to keep the studs on the
cabin top all looking neat and straight, since you see them all of the time.
Sounds good, and I think I'll try that, but I wanted to ask if anybody out
there who has a PTE could post a couple of pictures of the stud/snaps on the
boat so I can at least get a rough idea of where to locate them (ie: 1/2"
down from the top of the cabin?)...and, since the enclosure has snaps
already...I might try to place studs on the boat to match at least some of
the snaps (corners?) that are already installed on the enclosure.

I was finally able to take the enclosure down to the boat to see if it looks
like it will work, and it sure will, but it could be trick to get the studs
on correctly so that it fits snug. Anybody done this?