[Rhodes22-list] Slim's extra axle

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 01:38:41 EDT 2008

Dana,

It was determined that my original single axle was about 6" too far back for
the load I was carrying.  Thus the fishtailing problem.  I did not move the
axle--just added the new one behind it.  I had to buy a new pair of fenders
and a couple other small modifications including electric breaks and it cost
me less than a grand.  I think it was worth it.  The boat trailers so much
better now.  I hardly know it's back there.  I had it done in a shop down in
Bloomington and the guy spent a lot of time with me planning the mod.  I
don't have the name of the shop on the tip of my tongue but if you want,
I'll find it for you.

I've got family here from out of town this week so I'm trying to get them
all out on the boat but next week things will lighten up for me and maybe we
can get together, go for a sail and you can look at my trailer.

Slim