[Rhodes22-list] Fuel Question

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jun 16 08:17:42 EDT 2008

Ed,
Here's a fairly decent summary.
http://www.boats.com/news-reviews/article/outboard-expert-ethanol

and another which makes me glad I don't have an inboard engine:
http://www.practical-sailor.com/marine/ethanol-fuel-and-outboard-engines.html

We have read (though I can't find the reference now) that while the
usual recommendation is to use up your 10% ethanol fuel within 90
days, it starts degrading within 30 days. This is evidently less of
an issue for cars than outboards with their smaller components. We
used to store gas all season. Now we tend to use it up in the car and
the lawn mower.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD