[Rhodes22-list] Re placing Genoa

bill davidge wpdavidge at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 14:03:15 EDT 2008

Hi Joan

  Last yr . was the 1st yr for Me on Lake Erie . Up to that time all of Sailing was on small inland lakes You have to keep one thing Rick said in mind ( conditions are much more variable ) The Rhodes is  a heavy Boat and takes waves with no trouble as long they are 4ft or less. My problem is the wind .I sail on the western end of Erie and it shallow . The waves come up real fast depending on the direction of the wind .

  I'm not sure how long Rick has been Sailing but by the sound of it He has been on the Lake a lot longer than me .When it starts blowing 15kn I start by bring the  the boom down and think about bring in the Genoa in a little.  23kn I start looking for home .I find I learn more and have more fun with 8 to 15kn of wind ( for  now ).

  Rick is right !! There is no way you can compare a dinky lakes or a  river they dam-ed up trying to make a lake out of it to  one of the Great Lakes .What do you think of a Roddie get together at Put- in- Bay someday ?

  Good Luck Bill Davidge