[Rhodes22-list] Since you've decided to take the gloves off version 2.0

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Jun 16 22:59:22 EDT 2008

Brad,
Sorry My ham fisted attempt to type failed on the first try failed

Thinking has led me to the following

John,

OK, here's a solution, let's just take all those public lands off the market
like President Clinton did with the 1.7 million acres of coal that are no
longer available in Utah.  Happy now?

No I'm Not My proposal follows: if you want access to public lands I'm
willing to split the profits on any successful strike 50/50. You company
would be allowed to write off all expenses on "dry holes". If that Proposal
isn't to you're liking then go buy you're own land and good luck.

"As for Enron and accounting, some of my fellow undergrad accounting
students
got caught in that scandal and got burned for no fault of their own because
they worked for Arther Anderson.. When something seems to good to be true,
it probably is.   Most of the Anderson people landed on their feet because
the world never can find enough "realistic" accountants."

Brad were you're fellow students the ones who engaged in the 2 day shredding
orgy that destroyed the evidence relating to the intentional disruption of
California's' power grid in order to make money for there millionaire
buddies? If so you're very lucky I wasn't in charge because the ones that
weren't shot on the spot would have been sent to one of VP Cheneys' secure
locations for further questioning until I had the bastards responsible for
this or they were dead from the questioning methods used. The only way they
would escape with there lives would be to compensate EVERY person and
business who sustained financial harm because of there actions. It goes back
to taking "Personal responsibility for you're actions"

"As far as people "pissing down your back", I'm guessing that you think some
'gubment' 'a-whole' has more "skin in the game" and is more honest than
someone in the private sector. I'll go out on a limb here and bet you didn't
lose one dime on Enron."

First you need the dime to invest. Second I've never met anyone in either
sector (gubment or private) who wasn't some small time shmuck who wouldn't
screw me over in a heartbeat to either protect they're own sweet deal.

"I've got a whole library on Chairman Mao - you're welcome to a meal at my
house and listen to some folks who went through the Cultural Revolution
about the dangers of "I'm here from the government and I'm going to help
you".  What makes people think that 'gubment' bullshit smells less worse
than corporate bullshit.  There's no magic bullet out there that will
protect you from ignorance."

I don't see the relevance of Mao's Writings on the subject, however the
phrase "I'm here from the government and I'm going to help you" was used
extensively in the great depression. You know the time when most of the
lakes we sail on were created by the dams built. Remember the TVA and the
rural electrification of Amerika.  Bullshit smells the same regardless of
the bull in the field so lets combine the two and label it "Fascist"
bullshit which is the current form of gubment we are living under.

Fair winds and following seas
John Shulick