[Rhodes22-list] Q & D Self Steering for Rummy

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Jun 18 15:13:30 EDT 2008

Peter and Robert,

First of all, Robert, that was the most complicated description that I have
ever read.  Sailing was supposed to be relaxing, not complicated.  I think
that I would really need a drink after rigging all of that stuff up.

Peter, nice article with very poor photos (thumbnails) - if anyone is
interested in the system, make sure to click on the photos for a much nicer
(focused) image.  My favorite point in the article is:
    "It steers a steady course relative to the wind and will not
    compensate for shifting winds. Likewise, it is not capable
    of performing any of the recognized man overboard maneuvers.
    If you fall overboard, wave the boat good bye."

Just the same, it appears to be a neat idea that I will have to try some
day.  For now, I will hand off to crew or the tiller tamer when I need to
tend to other activities aboard.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY