[Rhodes22-list] See with a little work we can reach common ground

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Jun 18 16:49:33 EDT 2008

Brad,

     I like beer too !

As for the rest

Neither of these guys are the 'sharpest knives in the drawer'.  If McCain
had a clue he would have explained to his torturers, "look guys, life for
your friends the Chinese really sucks right now.  They've shut down all the
universities and smart kids your age are out in rice paddies picking leeches
off their legs.  Eventually the Chinese will quit this silly nonsense and
start building toasters for WalMart and you guys will be stuck making
underwear.  In the meantime, Uncle Ho and his buddies will kill 3 million of
your countrymen and another million will head to sea and eventually in up in
the US and buy of hotels and convenience stores and stuff. I apologize for
President Truman ignoring Uncle Ho's request for assistance back in the late
40's, but the French needed their asses pulled out of the fire again (I
know, you'd think saving them from the Nazi's would have been enough but
then we had to save them from the Communists). Why don't you guys put down
the sticks and let me explain a little capitalism and econ101 to you".

Unless my knowledge is faulty I believe the backer of the North Vietnamese
was the old Soviet Union and not the Chinese who were busy carrying out
there "cultural revolution" of Mao and trying to produce iron in peasants
backyards. We ignored Ho's requests because french plantation owners' didn't
want to lose access to their slave labor force and we were backing DeGaulle
and any petty thug or warlord that promised to fight the Red Menace
(remember the Shaw of Iran and his secret police). After we left China and
Nam fought a conventional boarder war around 1980 (not totally sure of the
date sorry) which Nam won or now it would be a Chinese provence.

That assumes of course that McCain understands economics himself which by
his own admission, isn't his strong suit. That said, I'll take someone with
a weak foundation in capitalism over someone who understands Marxist theory
all too well.

I am terrified with the thought of a POTUS with a weak foundation of
capitalism. The U.S. had pretty much unrestrained capitalism from its
formation to 1932 and what was the result? 60 hr work weeks,
sweatshops, sharecropping, child labor, no safety standards, the company
store. Unrestrained capitalism is why I now have federal mine subsidence
insurance the superfund to clean up toxic waste dumps and its my money that
is paying for this while the offspring of the Slimeballs who did this live
in the Hamptons and vacation in the Bahamas.  I never met either of my
grandfathers. both died in their 40s' form overwork in the mills that made
the money to build Carnegie Hall. But I did see the medallion that one of
them left behind that was given to him for 30 years of service, stamped out
of stainless steel they were to cheap to use silver. My grandmother told me
when she was young she remembers company goons kicking the door in on random
searches the company carried out to make sure no employees were stealing. 4
generations of people in the Pgh. area busted their butts and fought in 2
world wars to create the capital that then turned its back to the city and
found fresh slaves in Mexico and China. I'll take my chance on the
Obamination as you would call him because I've seen the results of
capitalism and unless you happen to be fortunate enough to be born into the
upper classes you're pretty much screwed. Please don't bother to reply with
any rags to riches bullshit stories, for every one cited  I could recite
1000 others who worked just as hard and got nowhere for their efforts. There
was a man named Hall who worked for Westinghouse in the late 50's or early
60's who invented the process for making artificial diamonds, for his
discovery the company in is overwhelming gratitude awarded him a $25 savings
bond. Wonder how much they made on that since then?

But I do like beer especially Pa. beer (I buy local and don't shop at
Chink-mart either)

Keep em coming
John Shulick

         "Resistance is futile you will be assimilated" The Borg.