[Rhodes22-list] Goodbye for now

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 11:00:08 EDT 2008

I have decided to unsubscribe until after the election.  I don't mind a
political discussion when I have time and energy to contribute.  But I
am simply too busy to spend much time on politics in a mailing list
where very few minds will change.

The list is becoming saturated by political attacks, some reasoned,
but many which are echos of the politics of hate and fear which have
become the norm, especially among our Republican friends.  I do
believe this country is on a downward trend, that the current administration
is the worst in history.  I am afraid that the electorate has gotten
what it deserves by allowing itself to be manipulated by fear and
public relations.  I continue to be engaged in politic, will work for and
contribute to people I respect.

For the record I think very highly of Barach Obama, think that he is
extremely intelligent and an excellent politician.  He may actually try
to solve problems, rather than navagate the polls.  My wife has worked
with Michelle at the University of Chicago, and has an even higher opinion
of her.  It is clear to me that they are both outstanding people, I just
hope that
they can survive the kinds of personal attacks that seem to be a part of
the normal political scene.

Given that I don't spend my day on e-mail lists, I feel like being
continually punched without being able to punch back.  It's not a
good feeling, and not why I joined the list.  So goodbye for now.

Ron