[Rhodes22-list] political : marines in iraq...big al delete

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 07:54:45 EDT 2008

Slim,

Your heart's in the right place but you seem to overlook that we're fighting
(and will be fighting) non-conventional enemies. Asymmetric warfare against
the US will continue regardless of who is elected as the next POTUS. These
GITMO units were fighting for an ideology, not a specific country that could
argue their rights under the Geneva Convention.  To use your logic that they
deserve their day in court and soldiers are burdened with collecting
evidence, I say that's totally unrealistic The simple solution is to not
take prisoners but shoot them on the spot and let God sort it out.  That's
how they treat our boys (unless there's some internet pr to be gained by
beheading them on tape).  The other solution is to turn them over to another
country and I suspect that is what will be the probable outcome. Once again,
the law of unintended consequences reigns supreme!

Brad