[Rhodes22-list] political : what constitutes war?...big al delete

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 07:32:21 EDT 2008

Question? I don't believe that the United States has officially declared  war
on Iraq, have we? The Vietnam war wasn't a declared war either, it was a
"police action". Same holds true with Korea. The last declared war was WWII.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rummy

In a message dated 6/23/2008 4:24:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stevenalm at gmail.com writes:

gotta  link?

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Herb Parsons  <hparsons at parsonsys.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> >>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>

>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>> start.  Let's see:
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>> "The writ of habeas corpus, a bulwark  of domestic liberty, has
>  >>>>>>>>>>
> >> been
>  >>

>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>> extended
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>> to foreign nationals whose only  connection to the U.S. is their
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>

>  >>>>>>>>> by
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>> our military."
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>> Their only connection is that they're  in our custody.  How are
> we
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>

>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>> treat them?  In accordance with  our values or not?  Any person,
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>

>  >>>>>>>>> or
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>> not, on US soil is afforded ALL the  rights of any other US
>  >>>>>>>>>>
> >> citizen.
>  >>

>  >>>>>>>  The
>  >>>>>>>

>  >>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>
> >> me
>  >>

>  >>>>>
>  >>>>>>>

>  >>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>

>  >>>>>>>>>> American-style justice.  The  Supremes are saying "No."
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>> Are POW's in "our custody"? Is it your  assertion that the writ
of
>  >>>>>>>>>
>  >>>>>>>>>

>  >>>>>>>>> corpus be extended to POWs? BTW, this  isn't a case of the
> military
>  >>>>>>>>> trying to "find a loophole", this  loophole was "found", and
USED,