[Rhodes22-list] What constitutes War; reply to Captain Rummy

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Jun 23 07:58:54 EDT 2008

Rummy said, "Question? I don't believe that the United States has officially
declared  war
on Iraq, have we? The Vietnam war wasn't a declared war either, it was a
"police action". Same holds true with Korea. The last declared war was WWII.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe that the Congressional authorization against Iraq is legally
considered a declaration of war.  I do not believe that you find the word
'declaration of war' in the subject line, but the language is legally
conclusive.

That is why we still have all the fuss over that resolution.

For what it is worth department.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
“One of the challenges we have is to be able to read the fine print indoors
without any sunlight.”  Kai Abelkis